Search Newly Celiac

Thursday 23 February 2012

pizza...yum...bread mix yuck..

Well the Celimix rice bread mix as a a bread was an EPIC FAIL at my house (no offence) BUT as a pizza dough it was enjoyed by all!!!  I mixed the recipe as printed on the bag..let it rise for a little bit (about 20 mins) and then used Pam cooking spray on my new pizza pans (a little splurge) and spread the dough (with copious amounts of rice flour on my fingers...)  added prego sauce and gluten free pepperoni (Freybe's) for our little people and salami (Freybe's gf), peppers, and extra cheese for ours...I tried cooking it for 10 mins but it was still a bit mealy so I put it back on for 10 more mins. at 350 degrees Fahrenheit /170 degrees Celsius...YUM  my 5 year old ate 4 pieces!!! All of the children were excited to have PIZZA again!!! On another note...I was reminded by a special friend ...NOT to focus on trying to find substitutes for my faves from my glutenous past...but to focus on fresh new foods for our healthy future :)  Thanks Sheri <3

No comments:

Post a Comment