Search Newly Celiac

Friday 3 February 2012

Day 7: HOT DOGS!!!!!!

One of the moms at our daycare surprised me today by bringing me a LARGE amout of gluten free cookies pasta and pretzels...must have cost about $50 NICE!!!  We shared GF pretzels for my daughter's school birthday celebration (oddly enough two of the kids at my daycare can't eat wheat so they try to be gluten free and offer GREAT advice :)   )  I was so grateful...After a long day at work we headed out to buy my middle daughter a new bathing suit at Winners and found GLUTEN FREE GRANOLA!!!!  woot woot!!  They have a whole little gluten free section ...Homesense does too..after that we hit Safeway in search of the rumoured "gluten free pieroghy (perogy)"  and found...you guessed it HOTDOGS!!! on SALE even!!! I am going to attempt homeade buns tonight :P and will let you know how it goes...tonight dinner was yummy pancakes :)  The Kinnikinick mix was BETTER than gluten mix...the pancakes didn't leave the full heavy feeling in my tummy like regular pancakes.  The last few even had fresh blueberries..ANOTHER real TREAT!!  For dessert we had yoghurt and I had the yummy new granola in mine.  I also found that Bob's Red Mill rolled oats were gluten free <3    NOW what to do for the buns???!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment