Search Newly Celiac

Thursday 2 February 2012

Day 4: meatloaf

I WAS able to make my meatloaf recipe with Heinz catsup (instead of tomato paste...most of which have gluten), eggs, and gluten free crushed cornflakes because unprocessed meats, fruits, and veggies and most dairy (almost all unflavoured) is gluten free :)   Fresh potatoes were always gluten free and then I was stumped with what else to add...SO I cooked a HUGE amount of frozen peas and frozen corn...Hubby announced that HE was NOT a RABBIT and would need MORE meatloaf than that...sigh...it was really good I just didn't make enough..the kids loved it, but also baulked at the peas and corn...I almost giggled when serving it because they all got about 2 cups each :P   I did take the criticism personally after the meal was over...it DID take me a few hours to plan and prepare that meal :'( and NO ONE gave me good compliments only complaints about the veggies...I decided to get out and get some air and cry on a long drive by myself...also ...and probably not the wisest idea... I posted about my hurt feelings on my Facebook status and got SO MANY words of encouragement and support...and then, of course, I apologized to my hubby there too..he did learn Anne Murray's ..."Even though we ain't got money...I am so in love with you honey"  song on the guitar and sing it to me earlier in the day...Awwwww     <3       I know :')

No comments:

Post a Comment