Search Newly Celiac

Friday 3 February 2012

Day 5: Brown Rice Spaghetti ???

Since Prego spaghetti sauce was gluten free...my hubby could still make his AMAZING sauce and we could have rice spaghetti.  It would be a trial run for my youngest's birthday party on Sunday...did I mention it would be my daughters birthday AND we were having COMPANY FOR DINNER???!!!!  I found gluten free pizza mix and shells at Superstore as well as number and letter shaped "fries" and BREADING FOR CHICKEN!!!!!  We also found a few more brands of cereal and some animal cookies.  I had the cake mix but could use butter and icing sugar and oil to make the icing on the gluten free cake mix...I figured I would make that the morning of the party so it wouldn't have the consistency of a gummy  rock :P  We had a first aid class all day so we left eggs for our sitter and reminded her to wash her hands when she entered our home...you even have to clean your face and mouth before kissing our daughter....sigh....The 8 hour class took our minds off of our tummies and we are slowly starting to adapt..my husband is even losing weight...he has not been tested yet...my guess is that his "wheat belly" is going down and HE is the carrier...Celiac is genetically passed down but because our daughter has Down syndrome she may just get it naturally...not genetically...I could also have had a false positive blood test...Myself and two of my other daughters tested negative and our two sons have not been tested...My youngest is starting to be really aware..She says things like ".I don't want that chicken cause I don't want my tummy to get sick !!!"   She tested negative but if she is living in a healthier way...good!

No comments:

Post a Comment