Search Newly Celiac

Friday 3 February 2012

Day 6 :) THE BIRTHDAY PARTY!!!!!!! and LOOK OUT FRIDGE!!

     This morning I thought...ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!  TIME FOR THE FREEZER!!  We CAN'T  just keep these AMAZING meatballs and sausages and pizza, pierogies and chinese potstickers, eggrolls and pizzas...arrggghhhh!  I packed them , the jam and maple syrup and handsoaps up and took them to the single mom across the way..she was grateful and i was thankful and my hubby couldn't get crabby  because it was our youngest's fifth birthday !!!   HOUSE DECONTAMINATION   DONE!!!   Now to make the cake...and WHAT TO HAVE FOR DINNER????!!   with GUESTS???!!!
     I bought one of the Kinnikinnick cake mixes, chocolate flavour and then made icing with shortening, butter and icing sugar.  the cake was absolutely AMAZING..light fluffy and yummy...no one would believe me that it was gluten free..we had popcorn and veggies for snacks and lemon flavoured water (with sugar on the side for those who wished it).  Dinner was my hubby's yummy sauce and rice/corn spaghetti.  My second youngest, the one with Celiac...LOVED both pastas so much she got it all over her face, hands and hair!!  Everyone loved the pasta...it was rinsed with cool water and thus cooked perfectly this time...A GOOD time was had by all and we actually felt very good about the food :)

No comments:

Post a Comment