Search Newly Celiac

Thursday 2 February 2012

Day 3: rice noodles...hmmmm

I found out that OLD EL PASO taco shells are GLUTEN FREE!!!!  SALSA too!! not the mix though....so we can have tacos and add our own seasonings!!!!   I also bought some rice pasta and figured I'd add chicken and Braggs soya sauce (all of the others I know of have GLUTEN!!!) and make chowmein since Chinese delivery is now out of the question...sob..NOTE to SELF... Celiac RULE NUMBER TWO:  READ the DIRECTIONS  CAREFULLY!!!  the rice noodles are cooked the same amount of time as wheat but MUST be rinsed with cold water before serving or stir frying..we ended up with a tasty...although VERY gelatinous mass of glop I called it...the girls loved the lunch meat (Freyes gluten free) and cheese as well as fruit and applesauce for lunches...plus chips...I think we are starting to adjust but my hubby says he feels like there is a CAP on all of the food and he is restricted from the amount he can eat...the kids say they are hungry...I am getting psyched up to try baking :
p.s. Cyclone potato chips from Save on Foods are safe too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment