Search Newly Celiac

Friday 9 March 2012

Here we go!!!! TURKEY!!! and sandcastle stuffing :(

My family prides itself on the timeless stuffing recipe handed down through the generations...seriously...if people mess with the stuffing "THE DINNER IS RUINED!!!"   ;)   SO, since I am the designated turkey maker on holidays...  tonight I am making  the special recipe and crossing my fingers that it will pass as close to the real thing as possible...I WAS going to make bread and then toast it and grind the crumbs but I want to see if there is an EASY way to do it first... SO I bought rice breadcrumbs, (the same ones I use to make the AWESOME gluten free chicken/pork coating mix (like shake and bake only BETTER) and added a little extra butter (3/4 c. to two 500g packages of PaneRiso rice breadcrumbs plus seasonings).  I mixed the secret stuffing,  stuffed the turkey with the sawdust like material..closed it with skewers and prayed a little...
...well the result what pretty much what I expected...and you old-timers with this gluten free thing..are probably giggling at the gritty, sawdust-like stuffing I had to choke down...it eventually had about three cups of butter in it and I am sure we are all about to go into cardiac arrest...honestly, I have tasted better sandcastles...the turkey and gravy (used all purpose gluten free flour for that) and veggies were amazing...they call me the turkey master...but UGH  that  STUFFING!!!  I should not have been so lazy..EPIC FAIL...next time...BEFORE the Easter meal...I will bake the bread and make my own crumbs like I should have in the first place...sigh...maybe I can bread chicken with it...I will let you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment