Search Newly Celiac

Friday 9 March 2012

Gluten free chicken coating ("Shake and Bake " )


I use the crispy PaneRiso breadcrumbs...mostly because they are the only ones I can find for less then $7 a bag...sigh...and dump the crumbs I think I will need to cover the chicken I wish to cook (about 1/4 c. per leg/breast...and 1/8 c. per thigh)  into a ziploc bag and add poultry seasoning, garlic powder (or salt ...if using garlic salt then just don't add table salt) Add about 1/2 T. per package of crumbs for each seasoning...and 1tsp of salt.  close the ziploc and shake.  Add a piece of chicken (this is especially nice when first dipped in gluten free Italian dressing),  close and shake the bag and lay on a foil lined cookie sheet.  Bake chicken at 350 until done (about 25 mins for 6 pieces of bone in chicken or until a meat thermometer reads 180 degrees Fahrenheit (82 degrees Celsius)  Cool for about 5-8 mins and ENJOY!!! My kids like this with gluten free alphabet shaped fries or mashed potatoes :)  To make chicken nuggets..just chop breasts into bite sized pieces and shake in the same manner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment